Thursday, November 3, 2011

POGIL'S

The pogils we do in class have been interesting and sometimes fun.  The Kinetic Molecular Theory and Phase Change were fun.  I liked how there were two models to look at.  These are useful for answering the questions and helps me by visually learning it.  I also think it is helpful how they have different sections of questions like: key questions and applications.  This helps me learn the basis of the information and then makes me apply the information to real life scenarios.  However, I do not like how some of the questions are phrased as if you already know the material.  For example, the q=mcdeltaT pogil was really challenging and more examples would have been more helpful.   I would improve these activities by being a leader in my group.  For example, my last group wasn't really on task and it was hard to ask questions.  It seemed like it was an independent activity, instead of a group one.

1 comment:

  1. Another suggestion with making group leaders, very interesting thought.

    ReplyDelete